The apprenticeship programme will last a minimum of 42 months with day release to the training provider. You will serve your time within all areas the workshop, with an aim to progress into the design office. Mitchell Dryers Ltd is a strong believer in learning all areas of the manufacturing process to build on the knowledge for the job required.
The role is centred on work-based learning alongside the trainer and by the end of the programme, you will have gained valuable on the job experience, new skills, and an industry recognised accreditation/qualification, that will offer you the opportunity to build a rewarding and successful career in the engineering sector.
Throughout the apprenticeship programme you will be supported and mentored by your colleagues, the management team and the training provider.
This apprenticeship is ideal for candidates looking to pursue an engineering design career.
The course could lead into several different areas of our company, for example:
- Apprentice Draughtsperson
- Apprentice Welder/Fabricator
- Apprentice Electrical Engineer
- Good IT skills
- Have a logical and analytical approach to problem solving
- Have strong decision-making skills, using facts, logic, and data
- Good communication and relationship building skills
- Strong team ethos
- Enthusiasm and commitment to learning new skills
- You will be required to understand and adhere to on-site hazards and health and safety requirements