Mitchell Dryers Ltd provides general engineering and manufacturers drying, calcining, process plant and equipment to the chemical, mineral, pharmaceutical, waste to energy and food industries, worldwide.
Our current vacancy is for an experienced/graduate full time Project Engineer. The ideal candidate will be able to work on their own initiative and ensure works carried out in accordance with necessary specifications.
You will be responsible for the technical delivery of engineering and manufacturing projects from conception through to completion.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Typical activity within the role includes working with the full site team to:
Enquiry & Tender Stage
- Support process team in formulating sound technical solutions
- Support estimating team in obtaining accurate cost estimates
- Preparation of project schedules
- Resource estimation
- Vendor liaison
- Support design team in preparation of technical drawings and documentation
- Support process team in preparation of detailed equipment specifications
- Liaise with vendors to obtain best value solutions
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of design information for manufacture within the Mitchell Dryers workshop
- Ownership of the technical delivery of projects within the prepared time, cost and quality constrains
- Procurement of materials and services
- Quality and acceptance testing of procured equipment
- Co-ordination of internal and sub-contracted quality activity
- Primary point of contact for client liaison
- Progress reporting (both internal and external)
- Management of risks and issues
- Financial control for project delivery
- Co-ordinate design and machinery risk assessments
- Preparation of operation and maintenance instructions
- Preparation of installation instructions and outline risk assessments
- Ensure compliance to current SHEQ statutory requirements
Installation & Commissioning Stage
- Support works team in installation and cold commissioning activities
- Support process team in hot commissioning activities
- Issue resolution and snagging activity
- Support for site acceptance testing
You will also be involved in continuous development activity including:
- Continually develop your capabilities to ensure knowledge and skills keep pace with best practice.
- Support the site team in continuous improvement of working practices.
- Abide by the highest standards and regulations in your work.
- Degree qualified in an engineering discipline
- Willing to travel within the UK and abroad if the project requires.
- Strong IT skills
- Strong communication skills
- Flexible in their approach to daily tasks
- Attention to detail.
- Good timekeeper
- A team player, demonstrating leadership qualities
- Great Communication verbal and written.
- Work well under pressure