Fluid Bed Dryers
Fluid bed dryers are used for foodstuffs, pharmaceuticals, chemicals and minerals. They are best suited to relatively uniformly-sized particles, although the chamber geometry can be designed to ensure smaller particles disengage from the air stream, minimising the quantity recovered in the extraction system.
- Designs are tailored to suit individual applications
- Heat recovery systems can be installed to reduce energy consumption
- Oscillation can be included to improve particle flow
- Stand-alone control panel or integrated into existing site system
- Range of heating options: gas, steam, electric, thermal oil and waste heat
- Inlet air temperatures up to 450 degrees C
- Fans and exhaust filters included with complete systems
- Low maintenance and easy to clean
Fluid bed dryers work by passing a gas stream vertically through a perforated plate into a bed of solid particulates. With the correct pressure and velocity, the bed will become fluidised and lift from the plate.
The constantly moving mass of particles, in constant contact with the gas stream, results in highly efficient moisture removal. The same applies to other processes such as calcination and cooling which require rapid heat transfer between the solid and gaseous phases.
Depending on the material, oscillation methods can be included to disturb the bed and promote better flow. As well as static and oscillating fluid bed dryers, our range includes fluid bed calciners, fluid bed coolers and dryers with integrated cooling systems.