Thermo Venturi Dryers
Thermo Venturi dryers (also known as flash dryers or pneumatic dryers) are supplied to dry powders or other particulate material which can be easily dispersed and conveyed in a hot air stream. They are used for a wide range of chemical, food and mineral products, from wheat and maize starch to aspirin and calcium carbonate.
- Highly efficient system with low operating costs
- Suitable for handling more challenging materials
- Designed to meet appropriate emission standards
- Options include product cooling and heat recovery
- Capacities range from pilot scale to tonnage plants
- Outdoor option available, supplied with necessary control equipment
Wet material is fed into the base of a vertical drying duct, dispersed in a high velocity air-stream, dried, and simultaneously conveyed to product collection.
Material residence times are no more than a few seconds. This, together with the rapid evaporation, keeps the product cool and enables thermo-sensitive materials to be handled at elevated temperatures.
Hot air is supplied into the base of the drying column. The heating and the inclusion of pre-treatment equipment, together with recycling of the product, enables more difficult materials to be handled – including some liquids.
Product collection can incorporate cyclones or bag collectors and, for secondary recovery, electrostatic precipitators or wet scrubbers.